Workshop and Labour Manager (Stainless Steel Fabrication)
Weekly Hours: 39
We have a great opportunity for a Workshop and Labour Manager to join our Company working at our Swadlincote Fabrication workshop.
Musk Process Services are a leading engineering company that supports many blue-chip manufacturers across several industrial sectors. We are a growing organisation, comprised of brilliant people providing a range of engineering services and are always looking for new faces to join our high-calibre teams on exciting projects.
The key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Effective Line Management of employees.
- Work alongside H+S to ensure that tasks are completed safely at all times.
- Deliver to Project programmes.
- Manage directly employed and sub-contract labour in the workshop and on sites.
- Liaise with mechanical engineers on drawings and materials.
- Ensure that employee qualifications and training is compliant at all times.
- Maintain transport and booking of transport when required.
- Manage the booking of equipment hire.
- Oversee Crane lifts and other large scale equipment lifts.
- Liaising with Project Managers and Design Engineers to ensure correct measures are in place for the manufacture of vessels.
- Complete quality checks on all products during the product life cycle.
- Work alongside the documentation and quality team to ensure product quality.
- Oversee crane lifts.
- Ordering and distribution of PPE.
- Ordering and distribution of materials to be delivered to site when required.
- Take responsibility for building maintenance.
There are strong opportunities for career progression within the Company.
Working Hours: 39 Hours per week (Monday-Friday). Some overtime may be required.
The role will involve travelling, so a clean, valid driving license is essential. Applicant must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Driver of positive changes including valuing our people at all times.
- Positively impacting and leading our safety culture.
- Good Communication skills to all levels across the business.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Decision making ability.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Ability to motivate the team.
- Good knowledge of standards and regulations.
- Being a Health and Safety advocate and enforcing health and safety regulations.
- IT skills- including excel and Projects.
Training will be provided, where required.
This role may include travel to different sites across the UK therefore a clean driving license is essential.