Solar PV Electrical Engineer
Parker Technical Services (Parker) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Solar PV Electrical Engineer to join our team from our Head Office in Uddingston.
Parker is part of Edwin James Group, a market-leading facilities engineering business that operates across the UK and offers a complete package of technical services for the built environment. Parker’s key service lines are; project solutions; facilities services; mechanical, electrical and building services; and Parker Energy which delivers energy and environmental solutions. Our clients range from major blue chip and consumer brands, to leading building contractors and local authorities, to name a few.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Previous experience in a similar role within M&E Services / Renewable Services
- City and Guilds 2360/2330 Part 1 and 2 qualification
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- Good technical knowledge as well as the ability to multi task
- Good planning skills with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Excellent written and verbal skills
The role will entail:
- Carrying out Solar PV electrical wiring on a variety of commercial and domestic units
- The installation of Solar PV plants from small domestic units to large commercial units
- The testing and commissioning of systems including information gathering for the project manager to allow the registration of completed systems
- Liaising with specialist sub-contractors and engineers with other disciplines to ensure the efficient operation of plant / equipment without disruption to the client
- Working safely and following company health and safety regulations to ensure safety of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors
- Taking full responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks, carrying out skilled installations, repairs and improvements
- Being proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings
- Ensuring all Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and adhered to for any works being completed
- Attending call outs / breakdowns and carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs or advice as required, including contacting technical support services of inverter manufacturers
- Providing support to team members and technical advice when needed
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a market leading facilities engineering business. We have multiple offices throughout the UK providing national coverage with exciting plans for the future. You would be part of a strong and dynamic team from our Head Office in Uddingston and working on exciting projects across Central Scotland.
In exchange for your skills and experience, we are offering a market leading rewards package with a structured training plan to allow your career to be developed to its full potential.
If you think you could be the right person for us please do apply below.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE