Senior Quantity Surveyor
Weekly Hours: 37.5
EJ Parker Technical Services (Central) Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Commercial team to work site based in Edmonton, North London.
Edwin James Group is a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse client base across diverse sectors including Government and private programs. Our goal is to be known as a straightforward, no nonsense operation that is easy to understand, and easy to work with.
The overall purpose of this role is to maximise profit and minimise risk for the company by identifying and using commercial opportunities under contract.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Review and negotiate conditions of Sub-contracts;
- Administer contracts;
- Advise operations staff within the team regarding commercial and contractual issues;
- Prepare commercial and contractual correspondence;
- Assist the Commercial Manager and team prepare internal valuations and financial reports;
- Value Subcontractors Application for Payments and negotiate Final Accounts;
- Support the Commercial Manager administer Compensation Events
- Work at all times to our company values:
Service: Providing exceptional service to our customers is our number one priority. We believe it is the foundation of business success and we are passionately committed to understanding what our customers want and to providing them with outstanding solutions and service.
Safety: Our commitment to safe working practices runs throughout our businesses. This extends to our people, our environment, and the communities we work with.
People: Good people are the bedrock of our business. We are committed to attracting and developing the best people we can and dedicated to providing them with stimulating and rewarding jobs and careers.
Skills and Experience
The following qualifications are desirable:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent;
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB.
The following qualities/experience are desirable
- Strategic change Management;
- Achievement Focus (Achieving Results);
- Business and Customer Awareness;
- Promotes organisational aims & objectives;
- Manages customer needs;
- Manages opportunities & threats
- Company Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Competitive Salary
- In house training and development opportunities