Weekly Hours: 37.5
Edwin James Group is a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse client base across diverse sectors including Government and private programs. Our goal is to be known as a straightforward, no nonsense operation that is easy to understand, and easy to work with.
The base location for this role is Parker House Burton Upon Trent with a geographical coverage of all EJ Parker Business Units. Travel will be required to all parts of the UK as the business requires.
The overall purpose of this role is to help shape the future recruitment strategy to meet our Company’s current and future needs. You will work with Senior Managers and Directors to support the overall recruitment process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Understanding the current market, identifying the best sourcing methods, to encourage high calibre candidates
- Implement new sourcing methods and keeping abreast of social media opportunities for advertising
- Update current and design new recruiting procedures (e.g., job application and on boarding processes)
- Responsible for the recruitment life cycle of engineers/managers and office staff from authorisation through to offer
- Keep track of recruiting metrics (e.g., time-to-hire and cost-per-hire and stay within recruitment budget parameters)
- Report on the weekly and monthly recruitment analytics for board reports.
- Review recruitment software and suggest the best option for company needs.
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs
- Stay up to date on labour legislation and inform managers about changes in regulations
- Carrying out interviews, where required
- Build the company’s professional network through relationships with HR professionals, colleges, and other partners
- Identify and engage in industry forums and networking opportunities to strengthen market presence of the business
- Work at all times to our company values:
Service: Providing exceptional service to our customers is our number one priority. We believe it is the foundation of business success and we are passionately committed to understanding what our customers want and to providing them with outstanding solutions and service.
Safety: Our commitment to safe working practices runs throughout our businesses. This extends to our people, our environment, and the communities we work with.
People: Good people are the bedrock of our business. We are committed to attracting and developing the best people we can and dedicated to providing them with stimulating and rewarding jobs and careers.
Skills and Experience
- Be knowledgeable about recruitment legislation.
- Proven work experience as a Recruiting Manager, Recruitment Consultant or Recruiting Coordinator
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Experience with (phone and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
- Familiarity with social media and other interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge base of current industry regulations and standards
- Ability to establish relationships and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent computer and keyboard skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Company Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Competitive Salary
- In house training and development opportunities