We have a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Company being based at our office in Swadlincote working on Clients sites across the UK.
Musk Process Services are a leading engineering company that supports many blue-chip manufacturers across several industrial sectors. We are a growing organisation, comprised of brilliant people providing a range of engineering services and are always looking for new faces to join our high-calibre teams on exciting projects.
- Understand the overall design and engineering requirements of the project prior to commencement
- Arrange and manage the transfer of information from the proposal / bid manager to the project team at the start of the project
- Ability to contribute to the costing of project for proposals and liaise with all departments and disciplines
- Manage the identification of project risks and manage the key risks through the project lifecycle
- Be able to generate project schedules in Microsoft Project and ensure ongoing updating of the schedules with actuals through the project
- Be able to create Cash Flow models for their project and monitor and maintain cash through the project
- Ensure all aspects of site set-up achieved to correct standards of welfare and project requirements.
- Overseeing ordering of materials to both workshop and site to achieve project timescales and budgets including workshop build programme
- Ensuring all RAMs and safety procedures are in place and maintained during the project
- Ensuring site labour resource is organised to achieve required sequence and duration to achieve project schedule within cost plan with adequate forward planning and requirement communication.
- Key link to client’s project manager / responsible during the course of the project with regular meetings and feedback
- Oversee site sub-contractors on the project to ensure costs and quality is being assured
- To positively lead your team, providing support and high quality leadership.
There are strong opportunities for career progression within the Company.
Working Hours: 39 Hours per week (Monday-Friday). Some overtime may be required.
Skills and Experience
- Does the right thing – even when it is difficult and no one is watching
- Positive Outlook, Team focused, sets the right example to others
- Customer relationship builder
- Seeks to find better ways and implement them
- Reliable – always does what they say they will do
It is essential you have a good understanding of electrical equipment and services.
Excellent IT skills in MS Office (especially Word and Excel) are essential to the role. Experience of CMMS systems would be advantageous.
Training will be provided, where required.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
This role involves travelling to different sites across the UK therefore a clean driving license is essential.