HR & Systems Administrator (Fixed Term 12 Months)
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Parker Technical Services is part of the Edwin James Group, which is a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse client base across diverse sectors including Government and private programs. Our goal is to be known as a straightforward, no nonsense operation that is easy to understand, and easy to work with.
As a HR administrator you will provide professional HR support service to a busy HR team in a growing organisation. In your role, you will support the Group HR Manager, and the wider HR Team with general administrative duties, as well as supporting the Systems Manager to develop and maintain the HR System.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include a variety of tasks, including:
- General HR administrative responsibilities, such as distributing T&C changes, offer letters and contracts when required
- Responding to HR queries in a timely manner
- Various reporting to support the systems manager
- Pension administration
- Apprentice Reviews
- Apprenticeship administration, including maintaining levy portal and monitoring quarterly reviews from training provider. Also organise and take meetings for any in house reviews with apprentices.
- Benefit updates (such as new starters for BUPA schemes)
- Support the Group HR Manager with disciplinaries, redundancies, terminations and transfers
- Support with TUPE transfers
- Systems maintenance
- Support for yearly tasks, such a budget reviews, benefit renewal schedules, gender pay gap reporting where applicable
- Occupational Health referrals
- Assist with GDPR updates from systems manager
- Mail merges for business updates
- Distributing training on the E-Learning platform, and ensuring the platform stays up to date with starters and leavers.
- Work at all times to our company values:
Service: Providing exceptional service to our customers is our number one priority. We believe it is the foundation of business success and we are passionately committed to understanding what our customers want and to providing them with outstanding solutions and service.
Safety: Our commitment to safe working practices runs throughout our businesses. This extends to our people, our environment, and the communities we work with.
People: Good people are the bedrock of our business. We are committed to attracting and developing the best people we can and dedicated to providing them with stimulating and rewarding jobs and careers.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in an administrative support role
- Previous experience of working with a HR/Personnel system
- Excellent computer and keyboard skills, with a good working knowledge of HR Systems, and MS Office, especially Excel.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to establish relationships and communicate confidently with internal and external parties
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- BUPA Cash Plan
- On-Site Parking
- In house training and development opportunities