Helpdesk Support Operative
Parker Technical Services are part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse client base across diverse sectors including Government and private programs. Our goal is to be known as a straightforward, no-nonsense operation that is easy to understand, and easy to work with.
We provide a strong health and safety culture and ample personal development opportunities. Our ethos is Safety, Service, People this is known as the EJ way and is practised throughout the group
Currently we have a new opportunity for a Helpdesk Support Operative based at our Glasgow Site.
The overall purpose of this role is to assist our established team with call handling, resource planning and compliance monitoring duties across our various client premises within the Facilities Services division.
- Accurate and efficient logging reactive jobs via telephone and email
- Respond to Client queries and provide timely updates on job progressions
- Generation of purchase orders for materials and subcontractor requirements
- Allocate Work Schedules to relevant engineers
- Track allocated jobs to ensure completion
- Liaise with mobile engineers and contract managers through job processes
- Escalate potential SLA failures in advance to optimise opportunity to avoid failure
This list is not a complete list of responsibilities but representative of the type of duties
We value everyone’s skills and experiences but for this role are looking for people who:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Good attention to detail including a high level of accuracy
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Strong communicator with good literacy and numeracy skills
- Previous experience of working on a helpdesk or similar fast paced environment
- Ability to use initiative whilst delivering a proactive Can-Do attitude
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
- Career Development within a successful and growing business
- A working environment where company ethos of Safety, Service & People is not just spoken about its delivered
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you !!!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.