Health and Safety Manager
Weekly Hours: Negotiable
EJ Parker Technical Services Head Office is based in Burton upon Trent, with several regional offices throughout the UK. We are currently operating a group turnover more than £120 million pounds with extensive growth planned over the next several years. We remain one of the largest local employers of direct labour within the M&E industry and in 2017 EJ Parker holdings purchased WT Parker Group which was founded in 1922 with a turnover of £80 Million.
As a result of continued growth, we are recruiting for Experienced Health and Safety Manager, in the North London area, the individual’s responsibilities are to achieve impeccable levels of compliance, health and safety and wellbeing onsite.
This role will run until December 2022.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include a variety of tasks, including:
- To assist in the day-to-day implementation of H&S management systems across the Project, provide expert H&S advice and support to the relevant teams.
- Deliver record and file toolbox talk and safety bulletins.
- Record and report accident and incident information, good understanding of Health and Safety practices is essential.
- Devise & deliver in-house induction training, H&S awareness, safe use of ladders, working at height awareness training to managers and employees.
- Support in the maintenance & production of H&S procedures and risk assessments, ensuring that rules or procedures are understood, followed, and that the appropriate control measures are applied
- Collate & Maintain H&S training records and update the H&S training matrix.
- Control the issue and implementation of PPE
- Complete weekly Audits for issuing to the Client
- Review and submit lifting plans for acceptance.
- Review and issue risk and method statements for acceptance.
- Control and implement the monitoring of HAVs
- Control, review and update the PAT testing requirements.
- Control monitor and manage the implementation of MEWP and LOLER inspections onsite
- Schedule deliveries into the site in an organised and structured manner.
- Issuing of hot water and step permits as and when required.
- Have input and monitor the implantation of electrical permits to work.
- Conduct scheduled review of RAMs and sub-contractor information.
- Ensure all weekly check sheets are completed and issued.
- Act as the central contact for all health, safety, and wellbeing related items onsite.
- Work at all times to our company values:
Service: Providing exceptional service to our customers is our number one priority. We believe it is the foundation of business success and we are passionately committed to understanding what our customers want and to providing them with outstanding solutions and service.
Safety: Our commitment to safe working practices runs throughout our businesses. This extends to our people, our environment, and the communities we work with.
People: Good people are the bedrock of our business. We are committed to attracting and developing the best people we can and dedicated to providing them with stimulating and rewarding jobs and careers.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Must have a technical qualification – a minimum of NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or similar qualification (Construction would be desirable)
- Hold a NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management or similar qualification
- Must have experience of working in construction or similar environment
- Experience of working within large organisational environment
- Experience of carrying out inspections & audit