Health and Safety Coordinator
We have a great opportunity for a Health and Safety Co-ordinator to join our Health and Safety team. The role will be based on an industrial-site in Burton Latimer, working 24 hours per week.
Musk is a leading engineering company that supports many blue-chip manufacturers across several industrial sectors. We are a growing organisation, comprised of brilliant people providing a range of engineering services and are always looking for new faces to join our high-calibre teams on exciting projects.
You will support us in maintaining the excellent safety record of the business by:
- Monitoring Health and Safety on site and assisting in the development and adherence to our existing processes and procedures.
- Give Daily Safety Briefings to the staff on site including any issues from the day before and specific information on other works in progress in the area.
- Reviewing Risk Assessments and Method Statements including practical advice and input when required and forward to the Business Unit Managers for approval – follow up if sign off not received.
- Monitoring and auditing work on site
- Developing and carrying out site specific inductions for new starters.
- Provide internal Health and Safety training, as required (Manual Handling, Asbestos etc.)
- Develop and conduct site specific Tool Box Talks to ensure that statutory duties are met and that issues are discussed and information passed over
- Assist the Team Leaders with the population of CDM 2015 paperwork including Pre-Construction Information and Health and Safety Files
- Involvement in all incidents and accident reporting to ensure consistent accurate reporting and identification of root causes
- Attend Project and CDM project meetings as required.
- Attending and contributing to Site Safety Meetings.
- Develop and provide report of H&S activities/stats for the site in line with business and contract KPI’s.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of Health and Safety and paperwork on site, including writing new Safe Systems of Work as required
You will be required to provide a Health and Safety presence in order to support the Musk on-site engineering team.
Working Hours: 24 Hours per week (days of work to be agreed). You will need a flexible approach, as due to the business needs some weekend working will be required.