Weekly Hours: 40
We have a great opportunity for an Electrical Estimator to join our team.
The role will mainly be based at our Louth Office however will require travel to client sites nationally within the UK.
Parker Technical Services are a leading force in mechanical and electrical engineering, supporting many blue-chip clients across several sectors. We are a growing organisation, comprised of brilliant people providing outstanding service and are always looking for new faces to join our high-calibre team.
The Estimator is responsible for the translation of project information into a valid, compliant and competitively accurate bid, along with the generation of professionally bid submission documents.
The position has a strong focus on the delivery of service to our partners, with a dedication to identifying and exceeding expectations including the development of strong relationships with our clients.
As an Estimator, you will be part of the wider team and work directly with our stakeholders to deliver solutions. You will own the development of estimates from receipt of tender documentation through to negotiation of terms and will also be involved handover to the project delivery team.
- Competitive Salary
- In house training & development opportunities
- Outstanding career prospects as part of a growing organisation
- To prepare compliant, competitively accurate bids for Electrical Installation works
- Establish success criteria and act as the single point of contact for the client in relation to the bid requirements and deliverables.
- To provide clear and concise information on scope, schedule and project clarifications.
- Work closely with support teams, Engineering and other stakeholders to resolve technical & business issues that arise.
- Identify areas of improvement that implement best practices and improve our methodology to deliver high quality projects and services.
- Evaluate and improve financial performance through alternative execution techniques.
Essential Skills Requirements
- You will have a background in Electrical Installation Contracting in Public & Private Sector
- A strong knowledge base of current industry regulations & standards, combined with a good range of product knowledge
- You will have the ability to interpret tender information including drawings, specifications, equally possessing the ability to identify gaps which may present risk
- Proven track record of similar roles with evidence of achievement of objectives, budgets, KPI’s, margin and continual improvement.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for the role, please apply below or please forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
EJ Parker Technical Services is part of Edwin James Group
Working Hours: 40 Hours per week (Monday-Friday). Some overtime may be required.
The role may involve travelling, so a full, clean driving license is essential.
Training will be provided, where required.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.