Electrical Estimating / Tendering Engineer
Parker Technical Services is part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse Blue Chip client base across diverse sectors including Manufacturing, Food, Government and private programs. Our goal is to be known as a straightforward, no-nonsense operation that is easy to understand, and easy to work with.
We provide a strong health and safety culture and ample personal development opportunities. Our ethos is Safety, Service, People this is known as the EJ way and is practised throughout the group
Currently we have a new opportunity for a Electrical Estimator / Tendering Engineer based at our Burton-Upon-Trent Head Offices to help the business realise exciting business growth opportunities.
- Use of AutoCAD and E Plan design software to produce layout and schematic drawings
- Reviewing of technical and commercial tenders for electrical manufacturing projects.
- Provide technical support and review technical specifications for switchgear products.
- Provide internal teams with cost estimations and commercial conditions.
- Liaising with external and internal customers.
- Determine overall costs, including design, engineering, build, materials and project engineering costs for Low Voltage distribution Switchboards, Motor Control Centres, Control Panels and 11kV/400V Package Substations as per the client’s specification.
- Production of material lists, design specifications &
- Liaison with clients, suppliers, production and procurement.
- Carrying out a site survey where necessary prior to delivery and installation
- Work in collaboration with the external salesforce to support and execute strategies to establish products and solutions during identification phase.
- Review and approve tender price/costing estimates and submit for management approval in accordance with the tendering processes.
- Ensure that formal risk analysis and mitigation is carried out on appropriate tenders and is submitted with approval requests.
- Ensure all orders received against a tender are properly verified to be in line with the quotation and all information is present prior to handover to contracts.
- Be proactive in eliminating any contract-related issue that might lead to non-payment of invoices.
This is not a definitive list of responsibilities but more of a reflective example of what is expected.
We value everyone’s skills and experiences but for this role are looking for people who:
- Have a Degree/HNC level in Electrical Engineering.
- You will be able to competently produce parts lists and schematic diagrams using AutoCAD / E Plan design software based upon components from various manufacturers.
- Sound commercial knowledge of the customer base and their business drivers
- Sales and marketing techniques / methodology
- Understanding of competitor offers and up to date switchgear technology.
- Awareness of the company’s manufacturing/purchasing strategy & manufacturing capability.
- Knowledge of commercial terms and conditions.
- Understanding of the function of other departments.
- Knowledge of tendering procedures.
- Knowledge of management philosophies/team building techniques.
- Understanding of HV and LV Electrical distribution systems
- Automation Solution/Product knowledge, applications and functionality to design appropriate solutions.
- Ideally have a comprehensive knowledge and experience with SCADA, Automation, Protection and RTU solutions and products
- Commercial negotiation skills.
- You will have knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- Career development within a successful and growing business
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you !!!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.