Electrical Contracts Manager
Parker Technical Services are part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse client base across diverse sectors including Government and private programs. Our goal is to be known as a straightforward, no-nonsense operation that is easy to understand, and easy to work with.
We provide a strong health and safety culture and ample personal development opportunities. Our ethos is Safety, Service, People this is known as the EJ way and is practised throughout the group
Currently we have a new opportunity for a Electrical Contracts Manager based at our Louth Site.
- To lead the safe execution of projects, carrying out safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments & conduct regular Toolbox Talks
- To facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Establish success criteria and act as the single point of contact for the client in relation to the project requirements and deliverables.
- To provide clear and concise direction on project quality requirements
- To be responsible for quotations and estimates for work scopes, defining resource requirements
- Work closely with support teams, Engineering and other stakeholders to resolve technical & business issues that arise.
- Identify areas of improvement that implement best practices and improve our methodology to deliver high quality projects and services.
- Oversee recruitment, succession planning and training of employees.
- Evaluate and improve financial performance through alternative execution techniques.
- Introduce new customers and revenue streams in line with strategic objectives
- Lead, develop, coordinate, supervise and manage Site Operatives & sub-contract resources
- To manage project budget, ensuring accounting, costing and billing for the project is accurate and up to date
- To track project deliverables using appropriate tools and manage project change
- To assist in recruiting and management of specialists and sub-contractors
This list is not a complete list of responsibilities but representative of the type of duties.
We value everyone’s skills and experiences but for this role are looking for people who have:
- Proven track record of similar roles with evidence of achievement of objectives, budgets, KPI’s, margin and continual improvement.
- A proven manager of people with a measurable track record of creating successful teams with tangible achievements in improvement and change management.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Effective customer facing skills, with experience in working across a wide range and type of contracts.
- Commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning, organizing and decision-making skills
- Conflict management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
- Career development within a successful and growing business
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you !!!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.