Electrical Contracts Manager
Weekly Hours: 40
We have a great opportunity for an Electrical Contracts Manager to join our team.
The role will mainly be based at our Louth Office, however, will require travel to client sites nationally within the UK.
Parker Technical Services are a leading force in mechanical and electrical engineering, supporting many blue-chip clients across several sectors. We are a growing organisation, comprised of brilliant people providing outstanding service and are always looking for new faces to join our high-calibre team.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for the overall management of the project team, the budget and associated communication requirements.
The position has a strong focus on the delivery of service to our partners, with a dedication to identifying and exceeding expectations.
As a Contracts Manager, you will be part of the wider team and work directly with our stakeholders to deliver solutions. You will own the technical implementation from project commencement to customer sign-off and may also be involved early in the pre-sales cycle to help craft and scope the solution.
- Competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- In house training & development opportunities
- Outstanding career prospects as part of a growing organisation
- To lead the safe execution of projects, carrying out safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments & conduct regular Toolbox Talks
- To facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Establish success criteria and act as the single point of contact for the client in relation to the project requirements and deliverables.
- To provide clear and concise direction on project quality requirements
- To be responsible for quotations and estimates for work scopes, defining resource requirements
- Work closely with support teams, Engineering and other stakeholders to resolve technical & business issues that arise.
- Identify areas of improvement that implement best practices and improve our methodology to deliver high quality projects and services.
- Oversee recruitment, succession planning and training of employees.
- Evaluate and improve financial performance through alternative execution techniques.
- Introduce new customers and revenue streams in line with strategic objectives
- Lead, develop, coordinate, supervise and manage Site Operatives & sub-contract resources
- To manage project budget, ensuring accounting, costing and billing for the project is accurate and up to date
- To track project deliverables using appropriate tools and manage project change
- To assist in recruiting and management of specialists and sub-contractors
Essential Skills Requirements
- Proven track record of similar roles with evidence of achievement of objectives, budgets, KPI’s, margin and continual improvement.
- A proven manager of people with a measurable track record of creating successful teams with tangible achievements in improvement and change management.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Effective customer facing skills, with experience in working across a wide range and type of contracts.
- Commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning, organizing and decision-making skills
- Conflict management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
If you feel you have the skills and experience for the role, please apply below or please forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter to email@example.com
EJ Parker Technical Services is part of Edwin James Group
Working Hours: 40 Hours per week (Monday-Friday). Some overtime may be required.
The role will involve travelling, so a full, clean driving license is essential.
Training will be provided, where required.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.