Building Services M&E Team Leader
We have an excellent opportunity for an M&E Building Services Team Leader to join our on-site team working on an industrial food manufacturing site in Burton Latimer.
Musk Process Services is a leading engineering company that supports many blue-chip manufacturers across several industrial sectors. We are a growing organisation, comprised of brilliant people providing a range of engineering services and are always looking for new faces to join our high-calibre teams on exciting projects.
We provide a strong health and safety culture and for motivated employees, ample personal development opportunities.
Working within an industrial food manufacturing site the M&E Team Leader will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Musk on-site team to deliver M&E and Building Services projects across the site.
You will be required to manage all planned, reactive and small project day to day works through the Musk onsite engineering team. You must, at all times, ensure Health and Safety is not compromised and that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place for works carried out on site.
You will be required to liaise daily with site business units and work collaboratively with all staff on-site and other service providers as required.
There will be call out’s required as part of the role, so you should be available when on call to ensure effective response & resolution to satisfy customer needs and escalating where appropriate.
You will also:
- Provide M&E technical support as required, e.g. advice regarding major operational issues. Fast-track any priority jobs identified and ensure they are logged through the Helpdesk
- Be able to effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary
- Assist with ordering parts and materials in a timely manner through our system
- Ensure that toolbox talks are carried out and complied with as necessary.
- Undertake relevant HR processes including, notification of absence, holidays, training needs and completion of timesheets where appropriate.
- Carry out audits on internal engineering resource and subcontractors to ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all statutory Compliance Checks are carried out and logged in the appropriate place
- Ensure all employee’s technical knowledge is kept up to date, informing the Operations Manager of any impending training requirements.
Applications will only be considered from candidates who work PAYE.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm). Overtime may be required.
Skills and Experience
You must be able to demonstrate significant experience of mechanical and electrical engineering and building services maintenance ideally within the food manufacturing sector. You should also have previous experience of managing a team and proficient IT skills.
You should have an awareness of budgeting challenges and parts and material usage, together with experience of quotes processes.
You must be committed to delivering exceptional customer service and actively contribute to the team’s targets either individually or by supporting others
You must hold a formal engineering qualification, Electrical and/or Mechanical (City & Guilds)
A valid SMSTS or SSSTS qualification is advantageous.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Closing Date for applications: 12 August 2021