Company: Parker Technical Services
Type: Commercial, Projects, Quantity Surveyor
Reference Number: Parker/SQS
Date job posted: 15/12/23
Parker Technical Services is part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse Blue Chip client base across diverse sectors including Manufacturing, Food, Government and private programs. Our goal is to be known as a straightforward, no-nonsense operation that is easy to understand, and easy to work with.
An new job opportunity has arisen for a Senior / Quantity Surveyor with strong construction experience to play a leading role in the delivery of an 18-year HVAC package as part of the PPP framework at Sellafield. With a significant pipeline of work, estimated to exceed £20mil+ per annum, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will play a key role is setting up and developing the commercial processes for Parker Technical Services, working closely with the Regional Commercial Director.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will provide commercial, contractual and financial management to projects related to Sellafield and PPP. You will ensure project profit objectives and targets are met and cash is managed to maximise performance. The successful candidate will be required to diligently apply proper contractual and commercial practices and carefully manage risk to maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the projects under their responsibility.
- All quantity surveying duties including measurement, valuation and agreements.
- Preparation and agreement of interim applications and final accounts.
- Administration sub-contractor accounts.
- Negotiate with clients’ representatives and other consultants.
- Advise on commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Preparation of monthly contract reviews.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts information.
- Identify change and implement change control process and agreement.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner, contributing to the success of the wider team.
- Able to gain the respect of the client and supply chain, working diligently and with integrity.
- Shows initiative in resolving problems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives
- Degree Qualified Quantity Surveyor
- Experience within MEP/HVAC environment
- Experience at Sellafield or similar nuclear environment (highly desirable)
- NEC experience essential preferably option E
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
- Employee Well being Program
- Career development within a successful and growing business
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you would like to apply please submit your details in the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.