Company: Parker Technical Services
Location: Louth, Mildenhall
Type: Commercial, Quantity Surveyor
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Reference Number: PTS/SQS
Date job posted: 15/11/2023
Parker Technical Services is part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse Blue Chip client base across diverse sectors including Manufacturing, Food, Government and private programs.
You will ensure project profit objectives and targets are met and cash is managed to maximise performance. The successful candidate will be required to diligently apply proper contractual and commercial practices and carefully manage risk to maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the projects under their responsibility. This position is covering multiple sites therefore regular travel to our regional offices in Suffolk and Lincolnshire will be required.
- Provide pre and post commercial advice / support to the operational teams
- Ensure completion of contract documentation and undertake contract reviews and negotiations to align with governance requirements
- Ensure all bonds and warrantied and company guarantees are agreed in accordance with commercial and group procedures
- Manage and monitor the contract terms and conditions along with contractual negotiations
- Support the bidding process commercially
- Ensure that subcontract orders are professional, accurate, comprehensive and issued prior to commencement on site
- Review and interrogate Cost Value Reconciliations (CVRs)
- Ensure that all customer variations are maximised, documented, priced and agreed at the earliest opportunity
- Preparation and agreement of interim applications and final accounts.
- Identify change and implement change control process and agreement
- Experience within the Mechanical & Electrical engineering industry
- Proven record of contract negotiation, risk management and contract implementation.
- Have a strong financial acumen
- Ideally have a professional membership of a relevant organisation (not essential)
- Are a skilled negotiator, within a commercial environment
- It is expected that you will likely be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have proven successful experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Management
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
- Opportunities for work in other areas of the Edwin James Group
- Career development within a successful and growing business
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
If you would like to apply please submit your details in the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.