Company: Edwin James Group
Location: Burton On Trent, Daresbury, Glasgow, Peterborough, Swadlincote, Uddingston
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Reference Number: EJG/PD
Date job posted: 29/11/2023
The Edwin James Group has brought together a number of businesses that now operate under three brands, EJ Parker Technical Services, EJ Musk Process Services and EJ Peak Technology Solutions. We have deep core capabilities in mechanical and electrical technologies with a diverse group of clients.
We have a great opportunity for a Group Proposals Director to join our team. You will be responsible for the overall management of strategic bids across the Edwin James Group. You will direct the bid support team to manage strategic bids in conjunction with the relevant Senior Management team of the business unit the customer will reside in.
This position can be based at any of the following locations: Glasgow, Daresbury, or Burton on Trent. Frequent travel will also be required to other offices within the Edwin James Group.
- Management of bid support team to prepare bid submission documentation in conjunction with the EJ Business where the customer will reside should the bid be successful.
- Knowledge of commercial conditions within markets we operate in, guide estimator(s) in relation to pricing strategies to ensure our commercial offering is robust and exceeds all requirements of the customer tender.
- Work with creative content manager to ensure quality submissions continue to be of a high standard and meet all customer tender requirements.
- Maintain a strategic bid process that can be used across all group businesses.
- Continue to create collaterals / Bid Library that can be used to evidence group business capabilities in relation to the services offered across the Group businesses.
- Ensure competitive approach to estimation activities via Senior Estimator.
- Responsible for the overall management of the IFS CRM system via CRM Coordinator.
- Create a key customer engagement and development plan for the top 20 customers within the Group businesses in line with Key customer management programme.
- Engage and work with the business development team across the group businesses to develop a robust pipeline of opportunities within IFS CRM system.
- Monthly engagement with the SLT MD’s to drive Key opportunities, Strategic targets, cross selling opportunities, secured work, and win ratios for each individual business within the group and report.
- Draft SLT and ELT monthly board reports to demonstrate robustness of the sales pipeline, identifying transition trends in relation to Teir 2 versus Teir 1 customers, Quality of earnings and business growth.
- Analyse monthly financial performance of each group business identifying any that may fall short of budget. Demonstrate how the gap can be filled showing pipeline opportunities that are likely to help bring the Business unit back to budget.
- Provide leadership to all direct reports to ensure that all strategic objectives are met and bid quality standards continue to improve.
- Management and control of departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Ensure that the bid development processes are implemented consistently throughout the business; promote a Group approach and lead by example.
- To ensure that all deadline targets are met, and that sufficient resource is in place to deliver.
- To analyse IFS CRM stats regularly and report monthly rolling pipeline.
- Provide support to the EJ Group and Group businesses with bids, commercial and operational solutions.
- Previously held senior management role(s).
- Strong knowledge of Facilities Management, Mechanical and Electrical services, and manufacturing Industry.
- Able to identify and implement innovative and effective bid management improvements.
- Previously knowledge of managing business change.
- Degree Qualified.
- Experience of the broader engineering services industry
- Professional Membership(s).
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you would like to apply please submit your details in the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.