Company: Musk Process Services
Type: Design, Management, Projects
Reference Number: MUSK/ED
Date job posted: 15/11/2023
Musk Process Services is part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services.
We are now looking to recruit an Engineering Director to join our team in Swadlincote. As the Engineering Director you will be accountable for the delivery of engineering designs from proposal stage to completed project as-builts and ensuring a smooth workflow. As a member of the Leadership team your will be expected to contribute to the formulation of engineering and business strategy and positively assist in its implementation.
- Manage engineering team ensure tasks are delivered to schedule and within budget.
- Lead the team in the development of new products and processes.
- Secures the necessary resources needed to deliver workload in a growing business
- Provide estimating resource to support the generation of new business.
- Attend Tender Reviews, Project Startups, and Project Progress meetings.
- Utilises Autodesk Inventor / AutoCAD / Plant 3D design packages used within the business in order to facilitate presentation, fabrication / installation and analysis.
- Build technical competence across Engineering team and encourage continuous professional development through training.
- Build and maintains strong customer and supplier relationships.
- Lead engineering governance within the business; ensuring tasks are carried out in line with Musk & EJ Group QA procedures, and compliance with legislative requirements. i.e. UKCA, PSSR, PED, ATEX etc.
- Implement new or improve existing processes to drive consistency and operational efficiencies.
- Work within Musk Process Services Integrated Management System (IMS) processes to ensure ISO compliance.
- Work in accordance with Client or Project specific specifications.
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs.
- Expert level knowledge of sector technology and processes
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders.
- Leadership, team-building and mentoring skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
- Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms.
- Excellent proposal writing and thought skills to win new business.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and applicable regulations and guidelines
- Educated to degree level in relevant engineering discipline.
- Project management skills
- Commercial awareness of the engineering function within projects.
- Experience using ERP software.
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
- Opportunities for work in other areas of the Edwin James Group
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you would like to apply please submit your details in the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.