Company: Musk Process Services
Location: Burton Latimer, Manchester, Northampton, Peterborough, Rugby
Type: Design, Engineering, Maintenance, Mechanical
Reference Number: Musk/CE
Date job posted: 14/12/23
Musk Process Services is part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse Blue Chip client base across diverse sectors including Manufacturing, Food, Government and private programs.
We have a number of new opportunities for Electrical Compliance Engineers to join our team. You will deliver engineering compliance by executing compliance programs and completing documentation aligned to our compliance procedures.
- Deliver engineering compliance by executing compliance programs and completing documentation aligned to our compliance procedures.
- Liaise with design team – reviewing design data and developing compliance policies.
- Carry out DSEAR inspections.
- Organise compliance programs by preparing timetables, cost estimates and relevant resources required.
- Support clients attain compliance by isolating and resolving compliance issues, then recommend appropriate product / process changes to offer both best practice and continued improvement.
- Document compliance by completing appropriate testing and inspections, assessments, recording results and preparing investigative reports.
- Sample testing and QS procedures supporting compliance within MUSK.
- Support Duty Holder in improving current policies and procedures where applicable.
- Enhance engineering and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- New service requests and mobilising Engineering compliance contracts
- Research and identify applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes.
- Develop compliance plans by researching, analysing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria.
- Keeping up to date knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations, and reading professional publications. Delivering findings back to the wider team.
- Experience of working with a high-volume manufacturing area with complex products would be an advantage but not essential
- Able to demonstrate personal success in the achievement of continuous part or process improvement activities against a clear set of objectives
- Computer-literate, being fully conversant with MS Excel is a pre-requisite
- Able to use statistical methods to analyse and solve problems
- Able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Able to operate confidently and communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in a written form
- Professional in approach, and able to lead by example, acting with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent min 5 years’ experience as an Electrical Compliance Engineers
- CompEx 01-04 – desirable
- CompEx 05-06 – desirable
- City & Guilds RA & PUWER Practical Workshop – desirable
- City & Guilds Machinery Safety Course – desirable
- A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
- Supported training both internally and externally
- Career Development within a growing and constantly evolving business
- A working environment where safety and wellbeing is at the front of the list of priorities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you would like to apply please submit your details in the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.