Company: Parker Technical Services
Location: Darlington, Leicester, North Yorkshire, Sheffield
Type: Engineering, Maintenance
Weekly Hours: 40
Reference Number: Parker/CGE
Date job posted: 13/12/23
Parker Technical Services is part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services. Our team of over 1000 people works for and with a diverse Blue Chip client base across diverse sectors including Manufacturing, Food, Government and private programs.
In your role as Commercial Gas Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out the planned and reactive maintenance works on commercial gas appliances.
- Execute planned and reactive maintenance on commercial gas systems.
- Quickly diagnose and resolve issues to minimize disruptions.
- Maintain strict compliance with industry regulations and safety standards.
- Keep detailed records of all maintenance work performed.
- Small installation works as and when required.
- Work flexible working hours to suit business requirements.
- Escalate issues to Supervisor/Contract Manager immediately.
- Form part of the out of hours call out rota, attend emergency repair works as required.
- Collaborate effectively with a skilled team to achieve client objectives.
- To source and provide required information for quotes
- To liaise with specialist sub-contractors and engineers with other disciplines to ensure the efficient operation of the plant / area without disruption to the client.
- Outstanding communication and teamwork capabilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in commercial facilities maintenance.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Be able to operate SMART devices and complete electronic documentation.
- Strong fault-finding experience is essential in this role and you will be expected to carry out works on traditional plant equipment right through to more modern systems
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- Hold in date Commercial Gas Tickets
- Domestic Gas Qualifications – Desirable
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Due to the nature of the contract, you will need to go through contract specific vetting – DBS, financial and employment background checks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
If you would like to apply please submit your details in the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.