Company: Musk Process Services
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Reference Number: MP/AFM/SWAD
Date job posted: 21/07/2023
Musk Process Services is part of the Edwin James Group, a leading asset engineering group delivering integrated technical and process engineering and automation services for the built environment.
Our team of over 1000 people work with a Blue-Chip client base across diverse sectors including Manufacturing, Government & Education, Utilities, Commercial and Defence & Nuclear. Our goal is to be known as a straightforward, no-nonsense operation that is easy to understand, and easy to work with.
We are now looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our team. You will ensure the effective financial planning, budget preparation, financial management information and project reporting is maintained at all times within the business control process.
• Prepare monthly management accounts – ensure Management Financial Reporting is undertaken to time and quality as prescribed in monthly reporting guidelines.
• Prepare and deliver the annual budget as part of the financial and strategic planning process.
• Develop and implement appropriate financial processes and work with budget holders to ensure compliance.
• Develop and implement systems and controls in support of assuring effective financial and management controls.
• Develop, implement, and manage an effective contract review process.
• Ensure appropriate accounting principles are employed in management reporting.
• Fully support the business projects managers ensuring project objectives are achieved.
• Ensure all Policies reflect latest legislation in regards to taxation as published by HMRC and financial guidelines.
• Monitor cashflow, ensuring project billing is up to date as per contracted terms.
• To participate directly in the companies key objective of achieving the profitable growth strategy, by providing financial leadership, Governance and Stewardship
• Attend contract review meetings ensuring project leads are provided with all the necessary information, both at the meeting and in advance to enable them to discharge their duties effectively.
• The role will include the directing of finance staff in ensuring all controls implemented are maintained and developed according to the existing and emerging requirements of the business.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly advanced Excel and Word)
• Knowledge of the IFS system would be advantageous.
• Previous relevant experience in a similar role within a fast-paced business environment is essential
• Experience in managing people
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Pro-active and confident liaising with both colleagues internally and externally
• Recognised professional accounting qualification CIMA, ACCA, ACA
• Understanding of current UK HMRC financial regulations
• Exposure in contract reporting under FRS 102
• Understanding of Foreign currency – desirable
• A competitive salary and benefits package appropriate to this position
• Supported training both internally and externally
• Career development within a successful and growing group of businesses
• An employer who regards employee wellbeing as important as workload
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
If you would like to apply please submit your details in the form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.