Our team is highly respected for the experience, value and quality of in-house fabrication it brings to the development of our clients’ processes.
With project experience from straightforward stainless steel vessels to the management and installation of full turnkey solutions, we can help deliver improved performance to your process.
We have highlighted some of our main sectors here, and full details of our process project expertise can be found below.
- Brewing & Distillery
- Chemical & Industrial
- Printing & Packing
- Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
Our feasibility studies are fully tailored to your needs. They range from a simple assessment to a complex CAPEX study, determining whether or not a project is technically and or financially viable. The key steps in our feasibility studies are the design, production schedule, a process flow diagram, consideration of any environmental issues and compliance requirements, your capital expenditure, and estimated operating costs.
Experience has shown that bypassing pre-feasibility research does in fact increase costs as issues that could have been identified early in the process may not have been fully evaluated, creating delays while these issues are analysed.
Our feasibility studies will help optimise your path from initial conception through to production.
Our process design is all about creating a cost-effective design solution. These solutions will often start with a client’s draft specification and end with a fully detailed process and instrumentation diagram, 3D modelling, and specifications which would incorporate but are not limited to, the following:
- Vessel sizing and manufacture costs
- Pipework sizing
- Pump duties
- Utilisation modelling
- Full cleaning in place solutions (if applicable)
- HAZOP / Design Risk Assessments
- Equipment specifications
Process Mixing and Storage Vessels
Our high-quality process vessels are fully bespoke. We can offer the following:
- Design conforming with – BS5500, ASME V111 and EN–13445 (Third Party Verified)
- Designs verified by using computerised software (PV Elite)
- Hygienic Designs – Musk have over 30 years’ experience in designing hygienic process vessels suitable for the pharmaceutical, chemical, food, brewery and beverage industries
- Effective and safe cooking and mixing vessels plus other specialised vessels such as reactors, fermentation vessels, yeast propagation vessels are all in our portfolio
- Vessels can be constructed in various shapes and sizes, vertical / horizontal cylindrical / square / rectangular
We specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke processing plants. Our work ranges from the expansion, or modernisation, of existing production sites to the new construction of an entire plant. We combine professional engineering with in-depth technology expertise to develop the best-fit plan for your needs and implement it in a reliable manner.
We deploy our technology expertise in the planning phase and fine-tune the project concept to your specific requirements. Our team can plan, manage and supervise construction and installation.
We can also handle procurement and expediting up to the delivery and commissioning of your equipment. Our Asset Care service can also help ensure your equipment runs with minimal downtime through a reliable service and maintenance plan.
Musk undertakes both new and existing process and machine control systems projects. From the Hardware Design Specifications (HDS), Software Design Specifications (SDS), Functional Design Specifications (FDS) and Detailed Design Specifications (DDS) through to implementation, our software engineers are experts in creating reliable, high-performing control systems solutions for your process.
Our expertise includes:
- Feasibility Studies & Detailed Site Surveys
- System Definition & Specification
- Functional Design Specifications (FDS)
- Structured System Design Documents (SDD)
- Testing & Commissioning
- Launch support and support Contracts
SCADA and PLC Software
With a wide base of experience in different industries and processes, the Musk software team supports clients with solutions ranging from small stand-alone applications to complete factory automation and reporting systems. Our engineers can provide specification and implementation of PLCs, Human Machine Interface (HMI), Recipe Handling, Data Acquisition, Reporting and Plant Visualisation systems. We can also use software simulation to assist with your off-site testing and training. This can reduce the timescale of commissioning and provide a more efficient transition to production. We support our customers with large complex networked SCADA and PLC solutions, or simple modifications to existing legacy SCADA or PLC systems.
Our range of services include:
- PLC / HMI Software Development for all main vendors
- SCADA Software Development from all main vendors
- Obsolete SCADA and PLC Systems
Musk can conduct all types of fabrication, structural steelwork, platform production, equipment modifications and precision machining. We can also offer a complete design, build and install service.
Supported by a high-quality welding team, competent in all disciplines, TIG, MIG, MMA with coding’s ranging from BS4872 to BS EN 287 class 1 Standards, we can undertake all types of process pipework fabrications, from pharmaceutical through to heavy industrial applications. These can be completed in both stainless steel and carbon steels.
We work closely with our design department to design, modify and fabricate high-quality goods to meet your exact requirements. We also have solid, long-term partnerships with a range of specialist machining and engineering specialists.
Musk provide a complete range of mechanical and electrical process engineering installation services. We understand the need to keep production running under strict hygiene standards whilst we install new plant and equipment, so have adopted effective ways
A managed team of skilled installation engineers, supervisors, project managers, site managers, and project engineers deliver multi-discipline, technical projects including:
- CAD services, layouts, process design and pipework routing
- Lift and shift operations
- Site management
- Health and Safety management / HAZOP
- CDM responsibilities
- Management of sub-contractors
- Project control
Musk conduct major process pipework installations on behalf of our clients in the manufacturing, process and utility markets.
We have extensive experience and our engineers are fully trained. The people we may appoint’s qualifications include, NEBOSH accreditation, certified SPA passports, SAFE contracting certification, FLT, MEWP, first aid, confined space, and CDM.
Our engineers are also trained in using the following welding processes:
- Orbital welding
- TIG – argon purged
- Welding procedures are carried out in accordance with ASME, BSEN ISO 5614–1:2004
- Typical pipework systems – stainless steel, carbon steel, Mapress, galvanised, plastic, copper, Hastelloy, duplex
- Process & utility systems – jacketed pipework, process, CIP, heating, glycol, steam, CO2, gas, compressed air, chilled water, etc.
- Maintenance and repairs
Integrated packaging systems are critical to our clients. Musk provide support by implementing new packaging systems or optimising our clients existing systems. We design and install production and packaging lines ensuring that the resulting line matches production requirements and budget.
RSE Engineering and Integration Services:
- Equipment and integration design
- Packaging line design and layout
- AutoCAD line drawings – including services
- Controls systems
- Equipment installation
- Commissioning and training
- Operator and maintenance level training