Welcome to the Edwin James Academy
Edwin James Group is ambitious, and we work hard to be the best in the industry. Our people are important to us. They are the face of our group, delivering the exceptional customer service that we’re known for. That’s why the EJ Academy is so important to our future.
The Academy is critical to our mission to build a new force in the UK engineering services sector. It’s the foundation of our business from recruiting to engaging, retaining, and supporting the development of our people.
From apprentice to boardroom, we’re developing the Academy to nurture and invest in our people, making sure we can help them reach their full potential.
Learning and development are at the heart of our business. We want to create a culture of lifetime learning, support and excellence, and The Academy helps us do that.
The Academy underpins our commitment to working with colleagues at every level to help them learn new skills and competencies that are relevant to their job and career aspirations. We have a wide range of opportunities from technical training to broaden the skill base of site operatives, through to leadership, management and development training for managers and support staff. The Academy also supports apprenticeships for those just starting out.
- Collaborative learning & support
- Flexible learning systems
- Interdepartmental opportunities
- Professional qualifications
Earn while you learn and gain professional qualifications up to degree level. Open to learners of all levels, we offer a whole range of apprenticeships at level three and above including Electrical, Mechanical (HVAC), Building Services and Administration and Business Administration. Apprenticeships.
Our apprentices are supported by their manager, training and HR teams throughout their journey.
- Years 1 & 2 = working towards Level 3 qualification, taking part in on-the-job training with regular assessments
- Year 3 = career planning review to determine your career path, for example further professional qualifications e.g., HNC
- Completion = further career progression through The Academy (Talent Development Programmes / next stage technical development / Institute of Leadership & Management qualifications)
Management Development Programmes
The Academy guides people from their first management position through to the boardroom. The development programmes include Talent, Director, Executive and Leadership and have been designed for first line, senior and director-level. Each is tailored for specific roles and covers the development of both technical and soft skills such as people management, communication and relationship management.